Overview of Nicotine Salt E Liquids
Out of all vape juices, nicotine salts (also known as nic salts) have been become some of the most popular over recent years. With the ability provide a smoother throat hit using higher nicotine strengths on lower powered devices, many vapers are turning to this alternative salt based nicotine vape juice for a more satisfying vaping experience.
Nic Salt e Liquids are becoming more popular with users who are transitioning from smoking to vaping as it more closely mimics the sensation of smoking a traditional cigarette.
History of Liquid Nicotine Prior to Nic Salts
Before nicotine salts came to market, the only type of e-Juices available were 10ml e-Liquids with freebase nicotine. Freebase nicotine is extracted from tobacco leaves and is considered to be the purest form of nicotine. Because of this, freebase nicotine gives a strong nicotine hit when heated and absorbed into the blood stream.
The strength of freebase nicotine varies from 1mg to 20mg. Because freebase nicotine has a high PH and alkalinity, vaping at higher nicotine strengths will give the user a much harsher throat hit.
Chemical Formulation of Nicotine Salts
Nicotine salts are a nicotine compound combined with Benzoic Acid. The benzoic cid compound is the key ingredient that allows nic salts to work the way they do.
Benzoic acid allows the nicotine salt to vaporise at lower temperatures as well as lowering the PH level of the e-liquid. This results in the nicotine being released into the bloodstream much more quickly than traditional freebase nicotine.
The outcome is a smoother vape at higher nicotine levels. This gives the user a similar sensation to smoking cigarettes, allowing the user to deal with nicotine cravings more effectively.
Which devices are compatible with nic salts?
We strongly recommend against using nicotine salts at higher wattages or sub-ohm devices. This is because the excessive amount of nicotine you vape will be very dissatisfying and can potentially be hazardous at higher concentrations of nicotine.
Nicotine Salts are specifically designed for mouth to lung vapours (MTL). This refers to collecting vapour inside your mouth before inhaling it directly into your lungs. This is what low wattage devices are specifically designed for allowing the user to satisfy their nicotine cravings in more concentrated doses.
Advantages of Using Nicotine Salts
1. Using nicotine salts will give you better flavour. Due to its low concentration the flavour of the e-liquids you vape will be much better compared to that of the freebase nicotine.
2. Using nic salts will give you a smoother vaping experience. Due to the lower temperatures and the lower PH levels, you will get a much smoother hit. You will also be able to satisfy your cravings quickly as the nicotine travels into your bloodstream faster than freebase nicotine.
3. Using nicotine salts to deliver nicotine in small devices means it’s easy to use and hassle free. Nicotine salts are designed to be used in low wattage devices such as pod systems and vape pens. These devices are small and sleek. You are able to fit them in your pocket and can easily accompany your travels.
4. Using nic salts allows you to be discrete. If you are not a cloud chaser and you do not want to attract unwanted attention then nicotine salts are perfect.
5. Nicotine salts are less likely to oxidise. As nic salts are in their natural state, they are more stable than freebase nicotine and less likely to oxidise. This results in a longer lasting shelf life.
6. Nic salts can help you save money. As you are able to satisfy your nicotine cravings more quickly, you can vape less often using nicotine salts. This will help you save money in the long term.
Summary of Nicotine Salts
If you want to quit smoking and find an alternative which gives you the same sensation of a cigarette but without the harmful toxins then vaping nicotine salts are a great to get this process started.
Vaping a 20mg nicotine salt will give you a similar sensation to smoking a cigarette. This is very useful in helping you finally quit smoking. Due to the growth and popularity of nicotine salts, the market is full of delicious flavours to help make your vaping experience a better one.
Please do remember that nicotine is a highly addictive substance.