Vaping has come a long way in the short time it has been available as an alternative means for smoking. Over 7000 Vape Juice options can be found here
. Not only has it provided a healthier way for people to smoke nicotine, but it has also become a safe means of quitting smoking altogether. There are a variety of methods a person can vape and a wide range of nicotine levels and flavors to choose from. Whether you like sweet treats, tobacco flavors, or like fruity flavors more, there's a juice out there that will make your taste buds happy.
The Different Sides of Vaping
One of the biggest concerns many people who are just starting out in vaping will encounter is the overall cost. Vaping devices, or mods as many people call them, can range in price depending on size and power output. While many smokers just want their quick nicotine fix as easily as possible, there are many vapers who consider themselves flavor and cloud chasers.
What are these chasers and why do they have such cool nicknames? Well, a flavor chaser is a vaper who looks for the best flavor for their tastes. This could mean they are searching for that perfect flavor that matches their mom's homemade apple pies from their childhood, or they're simply looking for the best chocolate shake comparison on the market. A cloud chaser, on the other hand, looks for the best mod to produce the largest cloud. Cloud chasers are usually into competitions and such, or just like to do cloud tricks at home. Both sides have a difficult time with the expenses of vaping, due to the cost of vaping devices themselves, and the constant search for the right vape juice to use.
The Expenses of Vaping
One of the largest expenses any vaper will encounter, however, is the initial cost of starting. Buying your first vape is an investment, not just a random splurge of money. Most shops will walk you through the process of choosing what's right for a beginner based on a few facts. Those few facts are how often a person smoked cigarettes, their amount of consumption per pack and how often they smoked, and the number of packs they smoked per day or week. This will tell them the right nicotine level to suggest, the right device to suggest that will accommodate their smoking habit, and offer a gameplan for using their vaping device properly. Starter kits can actually range between $60 and $100 for the mod itself, replacement parts for upkeep, and charging cord. Some starter kits for smaller pod-based devices can be cheaper, and often include pods to start with. A pod-based device is handy for people who just want nicotine without all the fancy features larger mods provide. Larger mods, however, do require bottled juice products to refill their tanks for use. Pods can simply be bought as-is and replaced without the need for refills.
Once a person has entered the world of vaping, they will encounter other costs. Here's a quick list of what a person should expect once they've purchased their mod and are ready to start out.
1. Juice bottles/Pod replacements - Juice can come in a variety of nicotine ranges, from 0mg (no nicotine, just flavor) to 12mg (12mg of nicotine per bottle). A shop can help you determine which level of nicotine is required based on the number of cigarettes you normally smoke.
2. Coils and Cotton for tank/dripper set-ups - Larger mods require a tank or dripper set up to function. Inside these are coils with cotton that absorbs the juice in the tank or dripper. A dripper is simply an exposed coil with cotton strips to absorb the juice, while a tank has a pre-assembled coil with cotton inside of it, that uses the tank itself to absorb juice as you vape. Coils can wear out over time due to the constant heat pushed through them, however, and need to be replaced occasionally. Drippers will need their cotton replaced more often than tanks will need their coils replaced.
3. Replacement parts - Things break. It's a simple fact of life, regardless of the type of item being discussed. Coils wear down. Tank glass can crack or break. Mods can wear down over time due to constant use. A vape shop will have all of these or can order them if none are in stock.
4. Replacement mods - The biggest maintenance cost will be replacing a mod itself. Whether you are upgrading from your current device or just want to replace a faulty one, this will be the most costly upkeep performed to continue vaping.
5. Batteries/Charging cords - Every vaping device depends on power. Whether that's from a single battery, a series of batteries, or an internal battery that uses a charging cord, a vape device relies on its power source. Replacing the typical 18650 series batteries is fairly cheap unless the mod in question requires more than one battery to use. Mods with internal batteries will most likely require a full mod replacement once their batteries wear out, unfortunately.
Better Shopping Habits
Always remember that the better deal isn't always the better choice. Vapers should always take their time researching devices, juice quality, brands, etc. in order to not just save money but also provide the best vaping experience they can achieve. Some juice brands have lower prices, but the taste quality and harshness when vaping can be a drag for the vaper. Some shops also have deals where you can purchase name brand juice lines for a cheaper price. It's also a good idea to try to stock up on juice or pods if at all possible when pricing is good on the product you want. Buying larger juice bottles can seem costly at first but can also save you money in the long run due to the price per ounce.
When it comes to vaping, the best way to save money will also be catching sales on the products you like. Keep an eye out for bundles as well, as these often can help save money and provide the vaper with multiple items they may need to keep their vape functioning properly. Shopping online can also be a great boon for saving money, as prices online are much cheaper than those in shops.